Thursday, April 29, 2010

Luxury Sport - Running

I started running, like most people, because I live by myself and I am bored with myself plus the place where I live provide land, space, beautiful view and non-car-filled environment. I can go running whenever I want, just get a T-shirt, a short pants, and a pair of shoes. However, longer I run more time I spend on internet looking for running related articles, more I read more I know running. I begin to start aware of shoes brand, looking for runner friendly and safer shoes, runner friendly recopies and gears.

Running is an art; is a religion. There are things runners need to know. It could become a center of your life. I wear adidas cloth and pants. Am I being compromise by advertisement or brand name, might be. An magazine once offers 100 dollars and buy running cloth and gears in cheap place, such as Walmart and Amazon. The result is runner can find cloth with 7 dollars, running shoes only 27 dollars and socks 10 dollars for three pairs. 100 dollars, they can have everything needed to run. They all come with promising material, color choices. However, 70% are not qualified even to standard. They wear off only a few weeks, uncomfortable, non enough cushion, non enough support. They looks runner friendly, but they don't worth the price. I believe when you buy brand cloth, certainly you paying for the brand name but you also getting what you pay for.

Here are the lists, cost from running:

Magazine cost 13 dollars (optional)
Running gear (watch, sunglasses, mp3, gloves): 0-400 (start up)(optional)
Shoes cost 150-300 dollars a year
Extra washing (assumpt 1 extra load a month, each time cost me 3 dollars to wash and dry) 36 dollars
Extra/Better food and drinks - 100-200 dollars
Extra shower: ---
Run a race: (with travel, hotel) 70+ up to ($1-2000 international) depend on location
Potential get injured cost: 300-3000 (maybe surgery needed)

Other Non-monetary cost:
Time
Energy
Feeling
Emotion


0 comments:

Post a Comment