Thursday, December 16, 2010

Connection with my previous job's VP

In 2008 Fall, I was working in Hong Kong after my Bachelor degree. I worked in an European construction/manufactory company. I remember my "boss", Richard, told me when the company decided expanded to Asia, they had to decide headquarter in Asia between Singapore and Hong Kong. Of course, they decided in Hong Kong. My previous job was logistic management. I monitored 15 market organizations' orders and distribution flow. The Vice President came from America, which might be why I got the job in first place.

I always wanted to contact Richard in America, because the difficult economic situation in here. I don't get to contact him until last month, the reason was I couldn't remember his last name. Until one day, I came across one of my old email backup and then I found him on Linked In. I told him that with lack of experience, I am better to use my experience in Hilti (my previous job) to my advantage, by focusing on relative area to aid my job hunt. I asked him if he and his wife miss Hong Kong. He responded yes, which was a surprise answer to me. My supervisor and me always teased about
him that he don't like Asian dessert.

He said to me with the ever growing market relations between the US and China, he also believe I will have a significant advantage if I continue working in logistics roles. I am very please. I hope it is not confirmation bias.


0 comments:

Post a Comment