Friday, May 7, 2010

Will you take these study aid pills?

I read an article on Discover and it uncovers that 7 percent of
students in United States has been using drugs to boost study. The
drug called Ritalin, which normally is used for children who have
attention deficit hyperactive disorder. People who take Ritalin their
brain dopamine receptor activities will be boost, which increasing
learning efficiency and focusing. Lab test shows that rats had taken
Ritalin learn faster than those had not given the drug. I think it is
outrageous. It is a bio-ethic problem. If students can take pills to
boost learning, what happen to those students who don't or who cannot
afford the pills. And, I am sure about that some companies will rase
advertisement campaign to market themselves as "study aid" for
students. Then our future generation will fall into these pills or
companies. In the articles, it also points out that students could
also easily feel the pressure to take those pill by the the influence
of their peers directly and indirectly. I personally will not take
those pill to aid study. I won't agree this unnatural way to change
your brain chemical for study. It could become another future social
inequality question. In the last, I will never want or my future
generations every time go for public exam will be request for blood
sample.

0 comments:

Post a Comment