Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Working Class Runner

Being a runner, I feel the urge to make people understand that running is not youngsters privilege. Why I am saying that? Because people are giving me an impression that it is great that I have just did the half marathon and enjoy my youth and freedom when I am still in college not in work, but what is the truth is that it is about passion and personality. There is million of working MUMs are constant active runners.

How these woman find time to run?
How they get out of family pressure to run?
How they justify their excuse to leave their child at home and go for run?
What is the emotion pressure when kids ask their Mum why you have to run?

Sometime I would think women are living miracle. Is it because they are woman? Tips I often heard is to run creatively and efficiently, and to change your living habit for running. I particular remember one is to sign up for mobile internet, so when you are traveling you can check news online; another is to bring your next day cloth to work, so the next day you can run to work and have clean cloth to change. I remember one day I was so busy and my day are full of schedules and I couldn't even squeeze time to run. I end up went to run in late evening at 11. I didn't really finish until mid-night. If you don't try to and begin to change your preceptive, you will never find time to run. You find excuses liked:

it is too late;
it is raining day;
it is snowing day;
I had a shitty day;
I am tired;
my kids need attention

These are preceptive in your mind, and you can change how you think. Also, it is why a household need and should have both husband and wife, so they can share burden together.



0 comments:

Post a Comment