Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Writing Style

Lately, I am reading a old old friend online Diary. I found myself
very enjoy her diary; her diary are well written and it well expresses
my friend's feeling and thought, which help reader easy to understand
and be in her position. I am shame of myself, because my friend and I
are both non-English speaker but her English grammar and comprehension
are much better than mine; additionally, she does not study in a
English speaking country.

Go back to the main topic. After I feel shame of myself, I told myself
if she can do it why not me do it too. So, I do now. I am sure that
reader find my blog is more attractive to read. This require an extra
effort to do it. (At least for me). But, I understand one thing. Man
and woman are different even in writing style. For woman, they always
ask why and they will make a list of positive and negative, just as
they do in relationship. For instance, if you ask a woman what she
think her relationship with her boyfriend in the future, they will
make a list of why they will be happy and unhappy in the future three
years. But man don't. For man, when they have an idea they consult
their intuition.

I found by putting myself as a woman to write a letter is more
colorful, reader are easy to enjoy it and I understand myself better.
But, I found as a man perspective this 'extra effort' took too much
time and feel unnecessary. However, this diary is open for everyone,
and I believe I will continue to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment