Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lent Review

I was asked how I was doing my Lent by a friend, Betsy, other day. She remembered that I have committed to do many things this year.
So here is the review:

1. Daily Bible Study:

I have been doing bible study every day even when I was in Hong Kong, except a night I was a slacker. I am so happy that I have finished the seven books of wisdom in bible. My favorite books of wisdom is Job. I felt myself share the same pain with Job. And lately, I felt myself in the same story in Eccleesiastes. Yes, I mean I am the bride. Others are very good too; my least favorite one is Psalm too long too boring. (I am not a very literature guy)

Currently, I am in among James, Peter 1 and 2, John 1, 2, & 3 and Jude. I think I am going Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Baruch, Ezekiel, daniel, Hosea and Joel next. Afterward, I will go back to read all the Saint. Paul letter in new testament. Then, I will officially finish reading new testament. (Yes!!!) Very unfortunately, when I converted to Catholic I have thrown away my Protestant version Bible, I forgot where was I in the old testament. I guess I have to read from Genesis again. Of course, I know I will love it very much, because Leviticus is my most memorable books from the old testament and I will have changes to go through it again.

2. Daily morning and evening pray:

I missed two morning pray. Those two morning pray was because after I came back from Hong Kong I was unexpected slept until 1 in the afternoon. Otherwise, I have been doing those every day. The funny thing is when I travel to Hong Kong after finished my Wed. evening pray I did the Thrus. morning pray right away, because Hong Kong is 12 hours faster than in America.

3. Adoration every week

The only time I didn't do is when I was in Hong Kong. They only had it once a month and was not that week. I joined adoration in Abby with the monks every Saturday night at 8 o'clock. I love it, and they do night prayer at the same time too.

4. No food between meals

I have been doing great, even when I was in Hong Kong. The only thing I remember was when I travel to Hong Kong I wasted an entire meal instead of finished it.
My best friend (Renee) and I agreed that we will go to cheesecake factory after Easter. Can't wait

5. No movies

This is the tough one. When I travel to and return from Hong Kong, those 60 hours of flight time I watched people watching movies which I would have love to seen very much. I also miss doing it when I wash dishes.

6. No chocolate

The first morning of Lent the very time I woke up I forgot it Lent, I took one piece of chocolate from my freezer and had it. Otherwise, I have been doing great. There is a story behind too. Originally, when I said I will give up chocolate I only mean chocolate candy. Later, I had half chocolate cake and a cup of chocolate drink, then I felt weird. It is weird in the sense that I can't eat chocolate candy but I can eat or drink other chocolate related products. Now I just give up everything is related to chocolate. I am planning to make a chocolate party right after Easter break. I will share my big bag of chocolate, make some chocolate cookies, buy a chocolate cake and bring all of my coco drink and mocha coffee to celebrate. I just pop up an idea, what about Asian chocolate hot pot. Haha... It sounds so good.

7. Tidy.

I have been doing great, except the week after I came back from Hong Kong. I slept until one everyday; all of my classwork is so behind...

8. Love other more than myself

I will give myself half half on this one. The reason is I forgot about it most of the time. And, honestly, it is hard. Do not mix up between being nice to people and love someone. When you see a stranger you said hi and smile, it is not love someone this is just being nice to people. You can being nice to someone you hate, but is hard to love someone you hate. The good point is I invited a student in my school who has listening disability and do sign language in mass every Sunday to join my friend at my place for supper once, but she was busy. Then I was confuse why I invited her, is it because I feel sorry for her so I want to make her a supper or because I think she is pretty, or both in the same time. I think I will reserve this idea, because I think I just try to nice to her but not try to "love" her. Of course, this is not only reason I give myself half half. Actually, I spend time to know my friends life, I do researches to know what they studying and doing. I found this help understand the person a lot, and give you topic to chat with.

9. Smile

I forgot this one most of the time also. But, even I remember it might hard for me from all the stress at school work.

10. Be affirmative

I forgot this one as well. I guess I am genetic heritage the negative opinion from my parents. Plus, I am so business and super data, figures number guy. I just can't let myself forget all the information, figures proof which I have read on the news and try to agree with someone even when I know it is wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing really good! And I love your goals (don't know if I already said that).
Almost half way there!

Unknown said...

Yes, I know is already half way there.
I will try to focus the last three point for the rest of Lent.

Post a Comment