Friday, October 8, 2010

Online Friends and Offline Friends

When I became Catholic, I made an unwritten commitment that I will
become an authentic Catholic. The most difficult thing for me right
now is being 24 and have no much working experience. It is not that
difficult to recognize that I have no money. Now, you know. My
personal loan plus my visa statue that allow me work no where in
America bring me to nowhere. It ain't like a secret that can't be
shared.

The difficult part for me is knowing that people are very easily to be
influenced and manipulated, but I do nothing to take advantage for
that. I could spend money to make a trip travel with friends for fun,
go to bar every week to drink with people, or take people out for
lunch or dinner to make them feel good about me. I am doing the hard
way. What I value the most is if a friend value what I am. I am a
foreign student who suck about English, have no money, and poor at
understanding about American culture.

The American way of defining friendship is laughable. Seeing people on
the street, say hi, knowing their name and have a chitchat are
considerable as a friend. How ridiculous. They can refer a friend like
that for four five years but knowing nothing about that people. (And,
most of them don't even know how to use the word aquitence,) My
social life in America is bad. Honestly, I see myself have no future
in America. By the age like mine, my only long term assets/investment
in America is that kind of superficial networking, what do you think?

I look at the traffic of my blog. 50% people go to my blog is through
Facebook. Most of them interact with my blog is to look at my
pictures. That mean, most of the stuff I wrote people don't even care.
Then, I have failed to myself. My purpose of building the blog is to
keep connection with friends and share insight to people that how a
different people could have different thinking patent.

Here, I really need to thank my friend, Ciska, who have been my best
blog follower, who have given hope to me to write more. I will
continuously to find way to improve the blog until the reason I build
my blog for.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vincent, I'm sorry you have such a hard time finding real friends in the United States and I'm sorry you're struggling financially. Just remember, for everything there's a season. This season of your life will pass too. And about your blog: don't worry, it really takes quite some time to get followers. It took me four years to get regular readers!
Take care!

Post a Comment