Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Principle or Necessary - How much do chopstick mean to me

My friend Ka Man, a new Hong-Kongee from my school, came to my home
late one night, and she was hungry. I found some instant Chinese
noodle from my cabinet and cooked for her. I hanged to her the noodle.
And, she asked me for chopsticks. I said: well, there is no such thing
called chopstick in my house. It is so funny, because if she have
never come to my home, I would never realize that I have use no chop
stick in my life for five years. (except the time I was home)

Honestly, I could have got myself a pair of chopstick, but it is not
necessary. The most important thing I concern is to have the food put
into my mouth. So, I choose fork and spoon. From many ways, chopstick
is just not the tool that would do the purpose. Ain't like I choose
American over my Hong Kong culture. The fact is I prefer laziness over
my own culture. It's not that I have to market myself the Asian who
eat Chinese noodle with chopstick. It would be cool if I go anywhere
in the world, I prepare my own chopsticks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment